
David and I have been married for 4.5 years and in that short period of time David has had to have 2 major mouth surgeries performed :( The first surgery was on his wisdom teeth...why they waited to come in until he was 27 I am not sure, but they did. The above shot was from that first experience...and I realize I am a really mean wife for sharing this shot, but it illustrates the pain that he was in. I mean doesn't he just look so pathetic. Poor man!
The second surgery happened yesterday.
David had a gum graft. His gums on his lower four teeth were receeding so badly that they needed to graft in tissue from the roof of his mouth and insert it into his gums. Sounds painful right? David is so tough that he won't even take the pain reliever that they perscribed. Since I am a nurse I am dying...David take the medication. Don't let the pain get too bad. All he says in response to my pleadings is hmpma. Then he writes on a piece of paper "it doesn't hurt too bad". Oh yeah and did I mention that he is not allowed to talk for 2 days. David is enjoying some foods that he does not frequently eat though...lots of applesauce, yogurt, jello with mandarin oranges and really really scrambled eggs.
Hopefully in a few days he will be back to working order :) Until then it is a little quiet in the house.
6 comments:
Hang in there David!
Give your wife some peace of mind and try the medicine once. :)
You could save a lot of eating time by just mixing all the food together, David! Good luck healing. You are one brave man!
So sad!! I'm loving the new layout of your blog- it's awesome!!!
Ohhh...get better soon. Let us know how the graft turns out, it might only be a matter of time before Nick needs it done also.
I love the new layout. You will need to help me sometime :) I hope David gets feeling better soon.
How awful for David! We'll pray for him, and we're thankful for this blog so we can see what's going on in your family!
Post a Comment