Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pancake tradition


I love traditions, but often I find it difficult to remind myself to do them. One tradition that is easy for me to remember is our pancake tradition. I love pancakes. As a child I would eat them whenever I could. If we would go out for dinner I would always order pancakes.
Every Sunday after church we now eat pancakes :) It works out great because we fill our bellies with a high carb and sugar meal and then we all take a loooong nap. It is the perfect tradition!
We like them so much that for Christmas Candy bought us a griddle, which makes PERFECT pancakes! We sometimes add blueberries and raspberries to the batter, which makes them even yummier. Today because it was conference we ate pancakes before church. Angelique ate a snowman pancake! Lucky girl. Pardon the terrible picture quality...our camera just died and now we need to get a new one :(

4 comments:

Jackie said...

you should post your favorite pancake recipe - I love pancakes but it sounds like someone loves them more than I do to have an actual tradition involving pancakes. Neal is a waffle kind of guy so I am a little pancake deprived. Cute snowman pancake!

SydneyMin said...

Oh no! Get a new camera quick! We can't all become Gigi-deprived :) I'm so glad the griddle and the forms work well. What a fun family tradition!! Here on the East coast I think people tend to go out for pancakes more than they make them at home, but we have some great buckwheat pancake mix that we use sometimes.

Clint and Elle said...

I like that tradition. I happen to love waffles more than pancakes, but they're all so yummy.

John-n-Mel said...

Hey that was a tradition in my family growing up too, one I want to start again, but trying to figure out how to do that and the "big" sunday roast dinner at the same time. I 2nd the request for your favorite Pancake recipe!!!