Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Graduation


David graduated on Saturday May 10th with his MBA from the U of I. It was a very nice graduation...unfortunately since we have been taking so many pictures lately our camera battery died as soon as we arrived :( So we have no pictures from his actual graduation, but never fear I will be sure to get some from the professional photo people for a hefty price, I am sure.
When we met back up with David I asked him what he wanted to do and he replied that he was fine just going home. Apparently graduation wasn't a very big deal to him. Well...I made it a big deal just the same :)
I threw David a huge dessert bar graduation party. My sister-in-law Amy commented that it was actually my fantasy and not David's because I LOVE dessert and David couldn't care less about it, but oh well everyone seemed to enjoy it...even David.


Here is a list of the desserts that we ate...sorry for making your mouth water ;)

Lemon bars
Chocolate Cream pie
Magic bars (yummy bars with coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pecans, etc)
Oreo truffles
Angel food cake with berry topping (topping provided by Jackie- Thank you so much!)
Molasses cookies (my great grandmother's recipe)
Graduation cake
Ice cream (this actually never got eaten because I forgot to take it out)
Mint brownies provided by Amy Parent (Thanks a ton! these were the kids favorite! I think Gigi sneaked 5 throughout the course of the party)
Chocolate chip cookies provided by Sara Richards- Thanks! They were super yummy!


Here is a picture of us with the graduation cake. I have really been enjoying making cakes lately...of course always with the help of my expert cake decorator Tiffany Peterson (Thanks Tiff!). In case you are wondering the top is made from cardboard, but everything else is edible..including the tassel, which was made from fondant.


After the party we went out to dinner with my siblings and their families and my mom. It was really good!
We finished off the night by watching Dan in Real life. I love that movie and the soundtrack.

I am so proud of David and all that he has accomplished in these last 2 years. He has not only gone to school, but also watched Angelique 2 days a week, studied for and taken the LSAT, applied to law school and was accepted to his dream school, applied for and got a great internship, and has always put his family first. The lord has blessed David tremendously and I know it is because he has done everything that he can! Thank you David and congrats!!

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

WOO HOO!! Way to go, David!! I missed a great party :) I know how hard business school is and I really admire and respect all of your work, while juggling your family and other responsibilities. You are awesome!!! Just imagine what a party you're going to have in 3 more years! I can't wait!

Teandra said...

That is amazing! Congratulations cousin.

John-n-Mel said...

CONGRATULAIONS David!!! So Proud of you!