Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Miracle of Miracles

Yesterday I received a phone call from Penn. It was the dean of admissions congratulating me, because she had just signed my letter of acceptance. I was suspicious that it was a prank call, but she sounded professional, so I didn't embarrass myself by not playing along. After I got off the phone, I still had trouble believing it. I'll have to wait a few days for the letter to come and prove this was not a hoax. In the meantime, I will consider it a reality that I have been accepted to my dream school.

I feel so much like Motel from Fiddler on the Roof right now that I have included a clip of what I would look like singing that song. You can also imagine me playing Bethany's violin and dancing exuberantly on the rooftops (but that might be even more awkward)

7 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Yea!!! I would just like to point out that my comment on my previous post came almost IMMEDIATELY true. Thank you. I'm so So SOOOO excited! I'm also too excited about your graduation present not to tell you, David. You will love it! It's a book called... (wait for it, wait for it...) FILMADELPHIA! All about our fair city and the movies made here. I'll bring it out to you :) And yes, it is truly a miracle. God is amazing. Love ya!!!!

SydneyMin said...

I meant my comment on YOUR previous post... about Rocky :) he he.

The Bergant Family said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting and what a blessng for you!!!!!!! It seems like you have been bombarded with wonderful blessing lately. (I want to go to my dentist and correct a bill!)What an amazing example of obedience and faith your family is. Leon and I are so so so excited for you. Congratulations! Let's talk soon so we can hear all your fun plans. Bethany, you must be the happiest woman in the world. You don't have to work full-time this summer, your husband gets into his dream school, and you get to live near your wonderful sister!

Jackie said...

You guys must be doing something right because you have a lot of good things going your way! I can't help but feeling happy/sad now - I am so happy for you to go to this wonderful school but I'm so sad you will be leaving us! But congrats to all of you! Now we will just have to figure how we will ever meet up again...

Amber said...

WHATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! YEAH AND SUPER SUPER CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is WONDERFUL and we are SOOOOO excited for you!!!!

John-n-Mel said...

CONGRATULATIONS David! We are Really excited with you! I thoroughly enjoyed the film clip...I can actually see you playing the part. :) That wasn't you was it? Ha ha, just kidding. You really deserve all this stuff, job, school etc! Thanks for being such a great example of Faith!

Emily said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.