Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby News

Finally after waiting 25 weeks we had an ultrasound done today. We had to wait this long because we moved to another state and had a hard time getting our insurance switched, but luckily that headache is over :)

The great and most important news is that the baby looks completely healthy. I always convince myself beforehand that something horrible will be wrong with the baby so it was a tremendous relief that everything looks great. The bad news is that the baby was in an awkward position for detecting it's gender. The technician was really nice and patient and after poking and prodding for quite a while she seemed fairly confident that it is a girl. They are going to do another routine ultrasound in a month so hopefully they will be able to tell for certain then, but for now we're thinking it's a girl.

We are really excited! David and I have been hoping for a girl because we already have the clothes, toys, etc and I especially have been hoping for a girl because I have no idea what to do with boys. I do hope that someday we will have a boy, but for now I will enjoy basking in the frilliness of my 2 girls.

Of course, that being said I may need to rescind this post if they find a few little extra parts at our next ultrasound :)

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Gigi is excited to have a little sister. I'm glad that you won't have to make another quilt. I'm excited to see a picture of it.

John-n-Mel said...

Congratulations Payne's! So excited for you! 2 girls are perfect, so much fun! I'm with you on the "what do you do with a boy". I'll let you know what I find out. Glad all is well with the baby! I get nervous all the time too!

SydneyMin said...

Yea!! Congrats guys! If she's anything like Gigi, she'll be just about perfect.

peterson said...

I'm excited for you. they will be great sisters and watch out for each other at school so you won't have to worry they will always have a close friend. I am surprised you didn't share one of your many ultrasound pictures. thanks for letting us be apart of the excitement. Can't wait to go to the zoo next week:)

Shannon and Andrew said...

How exciting! Two girls would be lots of fun.

Teandra said...

I'm glad everything's fine.

Amber said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!! I'm glad that you are both healthy & how exciting to get another girl!!
YEAH!!!!!

The Bergant Family said...

Oh, good! Now my boys won't have to fight over Gigi! How about a double wedding!!! Congratulations! So excited for you!

Jackie said...

Yay for another cute girl in your family! If it is a boy, don't worry, knowing what to do with boys doesn't always come naturally. I'm still figuring it out anyways! How are you feeling? Hope all is well.

Emily said...

Congratulations! It will be great (well, maybe) to have two girls that are close and can enjoy each other (at least before and after the crazy teen years)!

jessica said...

Wahoo!! How fun is that?! I'm so happy for you guys.

Courtney Ekman said...

Congratulations!!! I am a little jealous... (sigh).

We missed you guys on Halloween!

Brad said...

Congrats guys!

toni said...

How exciting guys! Congrats. Personally I think boys are awesome, speaking from bias perspective...I'm so happy for you. Wish you were here. Are you comin for the holidays? We're headed to D.C. next week for Evan's convention, but we're staying to see the sites. It's fun to know what you're up to!

Rachel said...

Wow, you're having another baby! Congrats, Bethany! That is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I think it would be fun to have two little girls who can be sisters. Plus, you get to reuse all the cute clothes! When I pack away Ellis' outfits after she has outgrown them, I always hope I will see them again. :)

Silvia and Steven said...

Wow! I just realized that I didn't even comment when you announced you were a girl. I thought I had! Well of course congrats!! It looks like we all like to double up huh? either 2 girls first or 2 boys first lol! How exciting! We love you and hope you are feeling better!