Every year we make a Christmas video. Our first year, we thought we could do this as our Christmas card, but it only took one year before that became too expensive (we gave it to people on DVD). We have continued the tradition to try to capture some part of that year's memories in the video as a kind of time capsule. Since we were going to New York to see the Christmas sites this year, we decided to make our video on the trip. We came up with a storyline, but we were in New York on the Saturday before Christmas (= a lot of people!) with a seven-months-pregnant woman and a two-year-old toddler. We gave up on the storyline after five minutes, and I was lucky to grab the little bits of footage I did! The jumpiness is mostly because I had no time to edit, but it kind of captures what a quirky experience Christmastime in NY actually was.
10 comments:
It is a great video! I love how Gigi just was in HEAVEN! You guys are great parents to give her such a fun experience :) Glad you survived the trip!
I remember the gift of the Magi you did. Very cute and creative. Can't wait to watch this year's!
So much fun! I got so excited for Gigi when you entered the "girl" section of the store! Pink Pink Pink! You guys are so much fun!
Oh I forgot to comment on the new layout - super job! Soon it'll be 4 nomads! How exciting!
I remember the 1st DVD. I think we still have, Gift of the Magi. Gosh your hair was long!!
I love the new layout! You guys are having such fun holiday experiences living out yonder! Thanks for sharing.
Looks like a lot of fun! I loved the Feliz Navidad singing in the background, it makes you feel like you were in Mexico! You guys are adventurous.
As always Gigi is the star of the film!
Really cool video. We loved it, especially the soundtrack. It rocked! I love how much you guys are taking advantage of your location.
That's gotta be the worst rendition of Feliz Navidad I've ever heard. What a great video! Looks like you had a blast in NY at christmas-time.
This Thursday I'll officially live in your neck of the woods. A little further south (in Maryland), but we'll be East Coasters just like you. We'll have to pick out a Fri or Sat and go to that awesome Children's Museum together.
Post a Comment