We've been so busy seeing and doing fun things that I haven't really had much time to blog about them. A few weeks ago we went to Palmyra and had a great time. We drove down Friday evening, watched the pageant and then stayed overnight at a hotel. The next day we saw some historical sights and took turns going to the temple.
At the pageant with an actor. A friend from Erie had family in the pageant so we were able to snag great seats- 3 rows back- dead center. It was pretty sweet!.
David and I were both impressed by the pageant. It wasn't a typical cheesy production. Gigi was FASCINATED!!! She watched the entire thing wide eyed and talked about it for days.
The girls and I slept in while David went to an early session at the temple. We had a lot of fun. We snuggled and watched way too many episodes of sponge bob and got some yummy free breakfast. It was so much fun to have a lazy morning with Gigi and Madeline. I love the Hampton Inn.
There is a street corner in Palmyra with 4 churches. It was pretty amazing that there are still so many different religions competing in Palmyra.
Outside the rebuilt Smith log cabin..
David with the girls on the recreated bed where the angel Moroni visited Joseph Smith..
Inside the log cabin..
Inside the frame house that is 80% original. This is the spot where Joseph Smith dug around the bricks and hid the gold plates..
Inside the sacred grove.
Palmyra was such a special place to visit. We loved it!
Looks like a wonderful time! I've never been to Palmyra but hope to go one of these years :) So glad you guys got to enjoy it as a family. And hooray for hanging out in a hotel!
I do believe I am living vicariously through all of your sightseeing. What great experiences. I must say, I'm with you on too much SpongeBob, but the kids love it.
I NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL. I got your call about your LW interview and wanted to hear all about it, but I can't contact you. Call me back. Peace out
7 comments:
Looks like a wonderful time! I've never been to Palmyra but hope to go one of these years :) So glad you guys got to enjoy it as a family. And hooray for hanging out in a hotel!
I do believe I am living vicariously through all of your sightseeing. What great experiences. I must say, I'm with you on too much SpongeBob, but the kids love it.
So fun! You guys are getting such a great experience over there. We're getting excited to see you pretty soon!!
We also loved Palmyra! How awesome you got to see the pageant while it was going on! You guys are so adventurous!
Hey I finally checked your blog! It is so cute. How was your your drive back hope it all went well. We are going to miss you here in Erie!
I NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL. I got your call about your LW interview and wanted to hear all about it, but I can't contact you. Call me back. Peace out
Elijah
What a great vacation! I love that you and/or David always make a session at the temple on your trips!
Post a Comment