Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Girl


Gigi at a Scottish festival this last summer.


Gigi and I have some pretty consistent battles. Some of the big ones are washing her hair and cutting her nails. She detests both of these activities and lets me know it. Yesterday she surprised me by saying, "I'm not going to whine when you wash my hair. It's okay Mommy I don't mind if you do it." It was wonderful. Later when I went to cut her nails she said the same thing. She even told me that she was going to help Madeline all day, which was true about 80% of the time (not bad at all!).
This evening I had to go to an orchestra rehearsal at the church and so David had to get the girls ready for bed. When I got home Gigi was about to get into bed and she told me, "I asked Daddy to give me a blessing so I can be more obedient for you." I was pretty shocked. Then after we sang to her and put her to bed she asked Daddy to come back for a minute. This is pretty typical, she usually wants him to give her another kiss or to open the curtains a little more or something else to stall for a few extra seconds, but tonight she asked him to help me put the food away and to have Madeline sleep well so that I could get some rest.
I am amazed at how perceptive Gigi is at 3. By herself she decided that she wanted to be a better daughter and sister. She is such a sweetheart I had to blog about this so I wouldn't forget it.

6 comments:

Emily said...

So adorable. I love that she asked for a blessing all by herself. You guys must be doing it right!

The Atkinsons said...

That is wonderful, if only my boys would do that! You've got a really sweet little three year old.

It was nice talking with you the other day. Now I have your phone number again (my phone broke and I lost all the numbers I've gotten here in Erie).

SydneyMin said...

Wow! She is such a special little girl. You're lucky to have her, even on days when she DOES act like a normal 3-year-old :) Love her!

jessica said...

And she is the perfect reason, we're always told to be like little children:) How wonderful!!!

The Bergant Family said...

Wow! What a sweet, sensitive little girl. But, with parents as good as you, how can that be a shocker!?! I'm so glad you're feeling better. We LOVED seeing you out here and hope we can see you again soon. Your girls are so beautiful and good.

Rachel said...

That is so sweet. You and David must be wonderful parents to have such a good little girl! How satisfying to have experiences with her like these.