Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We decided to go to another parade this Thanksgiving, but this time instead of going to NYC we decided to try Philadelphia's parade out. Here are the pros and cons of Philly's parade:

Pro: Waking up at 8:30 instead of 3am
Walking to the train station instead of driving to the ferry
Spending $12 on a train ticket instead of $4 per person for the ferry plus $100 for the parking ticket we got (I guess we shouldn't have trusted the people who told us not to worry about where we parked our car)
Seeing the floats up close instead of on our tiptoes trying to decide if we were looking at a turkey or Santa Claus

Cons: Not being able to enjoy the very distinct smell that NYC has to offer
Not being able to enjoy the look of the garbage lined streets of New York

Okay so New York really wasn't that bad, actually I LOVE NYC, but this was so much easier and better for the girls.
My parents even came out to celebrate this year with us. Gigi and Madeline were in 7th Heaven. David enjoyed a few great football games with his friends and I really enjoyed not watching any football games :)
To top it all off Tony and Candy did all of the cooking and they made a fabulous meal! Of course I forgot my camera so you'll just have to believe me. It was truly a feast :) Thanks!!

Waiting for the train


Super Grover!


Gigi with her own Dora parade balloon. Gigi was pretty thrilled about this!


Sweet little Madeline was great the whole time.


When Gigi saw this Nutcracker she ran to it and said, "it's just like from the Carebears." The only movie we have of the carebears is a knockoff of the nutcracker...I guess I should have explained things a bit better :)


We finally went to Love park.


I love that Madeline will still fall asleep on the go.


Gigi was so tired that today she fell asleep playing house.

6 comments:

Courtney Ekman said...

I love Gigi!!! We need to get together soon so that I can get to know that little girl. She makes me chuckle. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.

jessica said...

What a great parade and an even better tradition! We need parades like that down here...I guess we have the Rose Parade:)

Triple Bypass said...

What a cute blog! Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving!

SydneyMin said...

Fun blog! We had a blast with you guys and your girls this week :) Sorry that Madeline loves me so much!! he he

The Bergant Family said...

That looks like so much fun!!! It looks like Gigi loved it. I'll bet Tony's and Sydney's feast was amazing as well!

Emily said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Super Grover is definitely my favorite!