Quick update:
So after about 8 months of searching we finally felt like I should look for a job.
The search was actually a little stressful for me because out here in Philly there aren't a lot of nursing jobs. I applied to places all over! In the city and near us in the burbs. We went to the temple and prayed about whether or not I should take a job out here or if we should move, but we felt like I should try to get a job here. When we got back out to our car I had a message waiting for an interview.
I ended with 3 interviews in the same week and got the job that I really wanted. I was really worried that I would have to work in a scary place in the city, but I will be working in a hospital aobut 2-5 minutes from us in a med/surg floor just like the one where I worked before. It's not easy work, but they really need people who care and so I'm excited to work there. I will be working full time nights (which as a nurse is just 3 12(7pm-7am) hour shifts). Even though I don't love the idea of working the lord has provided the best possible job for me and our family!
I will be starting in May right after David finishes classes. On the same day that I was offered the job I also got an offer to teach violin at a music store. It will just be a few hours on Saturday. I am up to about 12 students with the possibility of 3-4 more. I feel so blessed to be able to do what I love, which is teach violin. Helping sick people isn't so bad either :)
We prayed for work and the lord has provided it, just not in the way we expected.
We are still hoping and praying that David gets a job soon, but in the mean time at least we can live comfortably here. Plus now we don't have to leave Philly so soon! It really is an awesome city. Come visit us!!
Hopefully I'll get some posts up soon. Maddie had a really fun 2 year old birthday party and we have a hamster. More to come soon I promise.
10 comments:
Congrats on the job. I know it's not your first choice, and working nights doesn't seem like a ton of fun, but it is amazing how the Lord blesses us, even when it is in very unexpected ways. Since you are staying in Philly, I'm going to make sure it works for us to come visit you on our move to Boston.
It's all excellent news! So glad you had success so quickly. What a relief for your family :)
I'm so glad to hear that it's official! You'll do great.
Bethany, you are amazing! Congrats on the jobs. I am so impressed with all you do. Will you teach me to play the violin as well?
Wow you are seriously THE WOMAN!! I was thinking of you the other day just hoping you had found a source of income somehow and look what happened! I know what sacrifice it was for you when you worked before and I know you were so blessed for it. I can only expect the same this time around!
Wow, I bet that was stressful making that decision. I am glad for your family though. Congrats on the new job! I worked in med/surg too. :)
Bethany & David, you are the perfect example of a family working together! I am so happy for you that you feel guided. Bethany, I have always thought that you are the best nurse ever! You'll be perfect. And teaching violing sounds like getting paid to "play." No pun intended. :) David, you're a great father. The kids will love seeing you more now that school is almost done, until you find that perfect job that is finally good enough for YOU because you're so great! :) So, can we come visit???? :)
Sounds fun! You will all be great. Thanks for sharing. :) Hope things transition smoothly.
What wonderful blessings!!
Congratulations on the job Bethany! It's crazy how things work out sometime in our lives - especially not the way we suspect. We will have to find some time to get together before you start working.
Post a Comment