Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chalk

Gigi's favorite activity for the last two days has been to draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Yesterday, we were doing this on our back patio, and the game became that she told me what to draw and in what color and I would give it a try. I'm not a very good artist, but my flower was good enough in a two year olds' imagination to be real. She tried to pick it up.


One of her favorite movie scenes (and maybe one of mine) is in Mary Poppins when Bert is a sidewalk chalk artist. They jump into the chalk drawing and everything comes to life. Our game was obviously not as fantastic, but it was exciting for me to draw things that she thought were real. I gave her a new pair of shoes, and she slipped them right on.


Her final request, after many others, was for daddy to draw Gigi. Faces are always difficult to draw, so I think I broke the spell with my last sketch.


She was sticking her tongue out while I made her pose.

6 comments:

The Bergant Family said...

Cute! Ok, Bjorn is totally into chalk right now too. Why do we live so far away from each other?!? We could have chalk parties. But, Bjorn is not very good at sharing yet and even his girlfriend Gigi could probably not entice him to share his beloved chalk.

SydneyMin said...

Adorable! With those cute close, gorgeous face and curly hair she is ready for her closeup! And your chalk art is a cut above the average, Dave :) What a fun post!

John-n-Mel said...

Gigi is so adorable. I love hearing about her imagination! You should've heard Grandpa Payne brag about her last night. :) It was soo cute!

The chalk is our family's favorite part of MP too!

Jackie said...

You guys take kidplay to a whole new level! I am so impressed! That pic of Gigi actually looks like her! I can see it! You guys have too much fun over there!

Clint and Elle said...

your drawings are great. What a nice pass time to spend with each other. I ran across some pictures of David in Elementry School and Gigi looks exactly like one of them except a different hair color.

Audrey said...

I can't believe how much Gigi looks like mom when she was younger in the last shot.