Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mommy, I burped.


2 nights ago I woke up to Gigi calling out, Mommy, Mommy. I reluctantly got up out of bed to check on her. When I opened the door my pregnant nose smelled an awful, familiar smell. She said, Mommmy, I burped. There was throw up all over the bed, but because she has never thrown up she didn't know what she had done. She then went on to say, but my duck is okay. She has a favorite stuffed animal and she was more concerned about it than herself. She stayed so happy during the whole ordeal. It made me realize even more how blessed I am to have such a great kid.
After cleaning up the bed and getting her in the bath we stayed up and watched The Incredibles until 4am and then went back to bed. She is almost over whatever she has and I may have it. It's hard to say because I throw up so often anyway, but needless to say we both feel a little yucky. David has stayed with us all weekend and taken care of us beautifully. I don't know what I would do without him.

9 comments:

SydneyMin said...

I hope you both feel better very, very soon! Thanks for all your help yesterday. You were all wonderful!

Silvia and Steven said...

Aww. . . it's so hard at the beginning being pregnant. Although I never actually throw up I just have the nauseous feeling. I feel for you though! I hope you are both feeling a lot better and think we are so lucky to have great husbands who stand by us when we are sick. :O) feel better

John-n-Mel said...

I'm with Silvia, ahhh, being sick isn't fun for anyone. What a Mom moment to be cleaning up that kind of stuff. I'm sorry you've been sick-I truly do empathize with you and hope as the pregnancy goes on it gets easier/better!

Clint and Elle said...

What a night...and what a great kid like you said. I'll have to tell you some time about the night Alex threw up-when you're feeling better of course. Hope it gets easier.

Emily said...

How cute that she was concerned for her ducky. As a lover of stuffed animals, I can relate!

Hope you feel better soon.

Jackie said...

SHE HAS NEVER THROWN UP UNTIL NOW?!?!??? I just can't get over that. I hope you realize how lucky you are... :)

But I'm sorry it happened anyway, especially in the middle of the night. No fun.

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

Hi Beth, I really do miss you! Seeing your blog really made me miss you more! Wow angelique is so big and so cute! I never thought that she would have strawberry blonde hair. I had no idea that you are pregnant when is the baby due? That is wonderful news

Stephanie Watkins said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I'm also so glad that you will be able to spend it at home with Gigi. I'm sure everything will work out great for you guys. The first year is so hard, but I promise it gets easier. It's greaqt to see you blogging again. I hope you feel better!

Audrey said...

Let's get past the icky mess! She looks just like mom!