We started with a drive to the other side of the city to help him experience Philadelphia's unique flavor. We went to a great place for cheese steaks, then headed to the famous Rocky steps at the Art Museum. He loved it!

Angelique was hilarious. She wanted to run up all of the steps all by herself. And at the top she knew to jump around with her arms up. She even started yelling "I'm like Rocky!" (I swear I don't watch the movie that much!) It was awesome.

After this, we drove past the Pennsylvania Penitentiary. It was the first prison in the US that attempted to reform prisoners instead of just, well, imprison them. It dates back to the 1700's and even has gargoyles on the front. It was still a functioning prison into the 1970's and Al Capone stayed there.
Then we finished off the night, of course, with the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The Bell is surrounded by large windows, so even at night when the building is closed you can see it fine. Independence Hall was pretty cool, too. We tried to look philosophical, but I don't think it worked. (It was Brad's idea.)

The best part was just having a good friend visit. Hopefully, Brad will get the job and they will move out here. The place he would work is just on the other side of Franklin Bridge, so it would be easy to hang out often.
5 comments:
Thanks for a super evening guys! Brooklyn and Celeste were jealous. I'll be sure and let you know what happens with the job.
Hillarious!! Especially reading the counter-story by brad on his blog. I'm just jealous you guys may be so close. I hope he gets the job though. We sure miss you guys.
Looks like so much fun! I hope you're not toally bored of "The Sights" by the time I get the tour in a few weeks! Well, if we just talk and talk and go shopping the whole time, fine by me. I probably should at least be patriotic and see the Liberty Bell if you can stand it! Gigi is adorable and the pumpkins are lovely. Very artsy. So glad you're loving being home!
I love philie! We went there last year. Watching rocky always pumps me up!
We were looking at your blog, and Clarissa waved "hi" to Gigi. She sure misses her.
Post a Comment