We have been away from home since May 7th. It has been really great to see family, etc... but we are definitely getting ready to come home. I will blog about the trip when we get home, but I wanted to post this story so that I don't forget about it.
A few weeks ago while we were in Texas I lost my phone (big surprise I know!)
I lost it while we were packing to leave David parents home for the weekend to spend a bit of time at David sister Elle's home. I figured I had just left my phone at his parent's house and that we would easily find it when we got back there on Monday. Well Monday came and went and still no phone. I literally looked everywhere I could think of, including through our entire car. To make matters worse my phone battery had died so I couldn't even call it to find it that way.
Miracle #1 So while I was looking through the car, it was late and apparently I left the light on in the car. Some nice person knocked on the door at 3am to let us know. David's poor dad had to wake up and turn off the light for us. People seriously are nicer in Texas. Thanks Don for helping me out :)
Miracle #2 Tuesday morning came and still no phone. It was my birthday and so I was especially bummed because I knew a few family members would try to call. I was pretty stressed and just assumed I would have to buy another phone. The worst part about purchasing a new phone is not having my address book. The phone services really should find a way to fix that problem. Maybe having a duplicate sim card or something, but anyway I digress.
So I was stressed and complaining to David when Gigi piped up, "It's okay Mommy, we can just pray and find your phone." Honestly I thought okay kid we'll pray, but I know we won't find my phone because I have looked everywhere.
Well we prayed and immediately after Gigi said, "Mommy I know where your phone is. I remember I saw you put it into my suitcase when we were packing up from aunt Elle's house." I promptly responded by saying that I didn't have my phone when we were at Aunt Elle's house, but I'm okay looking. Again I was thinking, yeah right kid. I already searched through your entire suitcase and it's not there. I thought we should look just to make Gigi feel acknowledged. So I dumped everything out of Gigi's suitcase and proudly showed her that it wasn't there and that I knew better than her. Then I saw David's suitcase and remembered that I had searched through all of the pockets of his luggage, but not in the main compartment. I was sure it wasn't there because I didn't pack his suitcase up, but we decided to look. I was halfway through pulling stuff out when I found the phone on the bottom of his suitcase. I was seriously humbled. My little girl had been humble enough and had sufficient faith to receive inspiration for her hardened mom. I am so grateful to have such a faithful daughter. I learned a great lesson that day. God answers prayers as long as we have sufficient faith. Thank you Gigi for continuing to teach me and thank you Heavenly Father for giving me a truly awesome birthday present!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gigi, you are the sweetest, prettiest, nicest, "goodest" little girl. That is why Bjorn still wants to marry you. Please wait for him to grow up and be as good as you. I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Post a Comment