David and I with his grandma Louise Leithead just after we were married (6 1/2 years ago! Man time flies!!)
I leave tomorrow for Utah. It's 11pm and I just finished packing up, cleaning my house, etc and now I can't seem to go to sleep. Even though I realize that I need to wake up at 4am my body is a little jittery from trying to get everything done on time. Does anyone else hate getting ready for trips? I feel like these last 2 months have been non stop movement. It's a bit ironic because David and I are really sick of moving our stuff so we decided to live apart for 8 weeks and instead I feel like we keep moving a little bit of our stuff over and over :)
David just left this morning at around 4am. He came for the weekend- a quick 48 hour trip, but it was pure heaven. It is so wonderful to have David around. He is amazing with the girls and jumps right in to help. I got a much needed break from the girls and David and I were able to spend some time talking in person, which is SOOO much nicer than over the phone.
David had a pretty hectic week this last week. His grandma died (at age 93!) and so he went out to Texas for her funeral. She was a great lady. An incredible example of hard work and integrity. It was really sudden and David had a hard time with it, but he said that the funeral was beautiful. All of the grand kids except for 3 were able to make it. I think that speaks for itself of what an incredible woman she was. At the funeral a woman who gave her eulogy and apparently had known her for over 40 years said that she couldn't think of a single time that Louise had ever said anything bad about anyone. What a great thing to be remembered for. It is a good example to strive for. It was such a blessing that we were able to spend some time with her this last month before she passed away. Anyway so David flew from Chicago to Dallas on Wednesday for the funeral and then flew back to Chicago on Thursday and then to Philadelphia Friday night and back to Chicago this morning. Thank you David for continuing to sacrifice for your family!
I guess that's about it for now :) Maybe I'll get some of my delayed posts blogged :)
2 comments:
Where do you live now?
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is never easy to lose a loved one. I'm so glad you were able to visit her before her passing.
Post a Comment