My brother Alex and his wife Katie are quite the bread makers. They make all sorts of amazing breads. I love to cook, but have not had too much success in the bread making category. I have been having a hankering for bagels lately though and so today I finally decided to give it a try. I enlisted the help of Gigi and David. Gigi because she loves to help me bake and for some reason loves to eat flour and David because he is just so much fun to have around. We found a recipe online for some cinnamon raisin bagels and went to work.
It was quite fun mixing up the batter and rolling out the dough. Gigi was a terrific taste tester! We even got to poke our fingers through the dough to make the middle.
After letting them rise a bit we put them in some boiling water and then baked them.
We ate them with some delicious homemade strawberry jam, compliments of Tiffany Peterson.
The bagels were pretty yummy...quite chewy, just like a bagel should be, but not nearly as good as the ones in the store. Oh well...I think i'll just blame it on the recipe.
All in all though it was a fun experience, but next time I think I'll go crazy and cut them out into different shapes.
6 comments:
You guys are so much fun. Let's make bagels together sometime.
Wait, nevermind. You guys are moving far away. Bummer.
Yummy! What a creative idea! Let me know if you have a batch that you thinks turns out better than store bought and then I'll take the recipe. AKA-you do all the work and I'll reap the rewards.
you are brave - I don't think I would have the patience for making bagels. But if you ever have that hankering again... you just let me know and I'll be over in 10 seconds flat!
Wow! I'm just so impressed. Angelique is going to grow up thinking parents do anything :)
Hi Bethany~
I just found your blog from Aislin's. Hope you don't mind my reading...that is an awesome story about David's teeth/insurance/interview experience. Wish we were both sticking around a little longer to get to know each other better!:(
Bethany - your photos aren't showing up anymore. Maybe the files are too big? I don't know... Thanks!
Post a Comment