Gigi update- I took Gigi to the allergist after her little blown up face incident. She is acutally not allergic to shellfish. I'm pretty relieved, but the bad news is that they don't really know what she's allergic to. Most likely it was a hot pepper that was in a sandwich that she ate that day, but they really don't know and aren't able to do a test to find out. Hopefully we'll never have to find out, but just in case we now own an epi pen.
Madeline update- We finally started Madeline on zantac for her reflux. She is doing so much better. She usually only throws up a few times a week now and hardly ever cries from pain. She still has a sad little cough from the acid buildup, but that seems to be the worst of it. In other Maddie news- she rolled over for the first time yesterday and slept 10 hours in a row last night. HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! I am such a happy lady :)
I wanted to mention one last thing that we did in Philadelphia before we left. Last August when we first moved to Philly we went to see the historic sites downtown. Gigi really wanted to go on a carriage ride, but because they are so expensive we said no. She responded by saying, "probably for my birthday we can ride one." We figured this was fair so we said yes. To keep our promise we took her downtown to go on one. We let her pick out which one she wanted to ride on and it was pretty funny. They have a whole block of carriages all lined up with people trying to entice you to ride theirs. She walked up and down this block a few times. All of the carriage operaters were really trying to entice her to pick them. She finally picked this nice lady who kept complementing her on her beautiful dress and hair. In the end I think David and I enjoyed the ride more than Gigi, but all in all it was quite a fun little outing.
Gotta love her hair. After the carriage ride she let Gigi feed the horse a carrot. The carrot was gigantic!!
All of us on the carriage
1 comment:
I remember those carriages from our visit and how badly they want you to ride! Very cute that you let Gigi pick. Now, you've done your one expensive carrige trip and know you've gotten the Phili experience. Remember the awful, crazy day when my kids were going insane at the downtown sights? I'm still so sorry about that!
Post a Comment