Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Big Switch

Tonight I had a rehearsal at the church for the Messiah. David stayed home with the girls and put them to sleep. When I came hope (around 9:30pm) the house was dark, except for the bathroom light. I was surprised that David was already asleep so I slowly opened our bedroom door. The light was off and the fan was on so I closed the door again. After piddling around a bit and doing the dishes I got ready for bed. Then I went to go check on the girls. Their door was locked! I was so annoyed!!! Gigi knows not to lock the door to her room and is actually really good about not doing it. The only way to unlock the door is to take the knob off of the door. I questioned whether or not I should do this at 11:00 at night, but I decided I better just do it. I was also stressed because I didn't want to wake David up. David sometimes suffers from insomnia and once he is woken up it is hard for him to go back to sleep. So I really silently opened our door again only to find this:



I was SOOO surprised!!! Both girls were so innocently asleep on my bed. This has NEVER happened before! Our kids are not the type to suddenly arrive at your bed in the middle of the night. They know to stay in their bed all night. So what was going on? And where was David? Well I quickly found out. I then knocked on the girls bedroom door and David slyly asked, who is it? Uhhh your really confused wife! He opened the door with a grin on his face and explained that Gigi and he decided to play a trick on me. Well it worked! Don't I have the funniest family? I sure love how fun they are.

4 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Ha ha!! You do have a really funny family! That is a tricky joke they played. I was really wondering what was going on, too, as I was reading it :)

Sydney said...

LOL!!! I love it! But you didn't include the REST of the Story... Where did you sleep? Did you put the girls in their beds? Did they wake up in the night?, etc. :-)

G-Pa Ed said...

It was fun seeing your 2 sleeping beauties. I am glad the girls are learning to play harmless tricks and I assume all slept well. Both your mother and I really enjoyed this little blog. Welcome to a great November 2010!
Love,
Dad

The Bergant Family said...

I am totally catching up in this one post so you see all of my comments! First, the NY trip sounded amazingly fun and David, you are wonderful and thoughtful and good and Bethany you totally deserve that! So awesome. Secondly, your Halloween costumes were amazing and I admire any man who will look prematurely bald just for fun. Thirdly, Gigi makes quite the adorable cowgirl. And havent I been telling you about Red Robin Burgers and Fries for like 5 years, Bethany!!!?? :) So good! And fourthly, your girls are hilarious. :) Let's talk this week!