After leaving Galena we dropped David off in Chicago. I was so concerned that the apartment we found online for David would be horrible, but it was actually perfect. It was in a nice area, just a few blocks away from the water. David was able to take the bus/metro/subway easily from his location. Most importantly his apartment was clean and was without bugs. I was SO concerned that I would be leaving him in a dump, but it was okay. His sleeping situation wasn't terrific though. The tenant that he was subleasing from left him a sofa with a pull out bed, but it was a pretty miserable little thing so he took turns sleeping on that and then sleeping on the air mattress that we brought out for him. Thanks to David's parents he had the dishes, etc that he needed. We loaded him up with snacks and food before I left so he was able to survive. We had to spend 2 nights there though and Madeline did not do well. The last night none of us slept at all except for Gigi. She slept like a champ, but Madeline would wake up every 10-20 minutes and start screaming. I was too stressed about leaving David to sleep and I'm sure that David was too nervous about starting work to sleep. Finally about 2 in the morning David and I snuck into the bathroom (it was a studio so the bathroom was the only private room) and had some cereal together. It's funny how little moments like that stick with you. I will always remember that moment :)



David's modest apartment
Well we sent David off and the girls and I headed back home....finally. We stopped half way and stayed in a hotel. We got in around 7pm, grabbed some fast food. Watched sesame street and all slept soundly for about 11 hours. It was fantastic! I love Hampton Inns!!

I know this is a little crude, but I had to post this picture. This family bethroom on the PA turnpike was too awesome. They had a little potty, a little chair and a big potty all in one stall. Cool!
On the day that we arrived back home my wonderful friend and neighbor had dinner waiting for us in the oven and had stocked our fridge with the essentials. It was beyond perfection. Thank you Amber! So many people took us into their home and provided for us on our trip. Thank you all SO much! We miss you dearly!!
I also have to say thank you to Stephanie and Elijah Watkins. They took such good care of David for me in Chicago. I think they had David over for dinner every Sunday. He even was able to go out with Elijah to a few movies. They really kept him sane! Thanks again!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Love the family bathroom photo :-D You will be so happy that you chronicle your family adventures. Your blog is a treasure that you could never buy or recapture. Love! Mom
Post a Comment