My sister Candy goes to Utah twice a year for a work conference and so when she was making her plans to go in July the girls and I were lucky enough to tag along. It was so fantastic to fly with help! I don't fly that often, but I think everytime I have flown since having kids it has been without help. It was still a bit crazy with all of our luggage, but it was a million times easier with help! Thank you so much mom and dad for the tickets and thank you so much Canders for giving up a relaxing plane trip!! We were there for about 3 weeks, end of june through the middle of July. We had a lot of fun! We did quite a bit, but not too much.


Madeline loved looking out the window on the airplane. She was born to fly!


Gigi had a brilliant idea to make us all look like Mary (you know from the bible). Candy created the costumes for us :) They look a bit like doorags to me, but whatever :)


The girls loved helping Grandpa in his garden. Love the expression on Gigi's face.

The before picture of my parent's front yard. Pretty overgrown garden. Candy, Tony and I helped with the weeding and after we left my mom went crazy and finished the job. She did such a great job. Check out her blog to see the proof :) Oh and btw Gigi and Madeline loved helping in the garden. I guess they picked up the love of gardening in Texas and spread it across Utah :)

My Aunt Kathy remodeled her home. It was so fun to see it. I spent a lot of time in my younger years at her home. It definitely felt like my second home. It looks great Kathy!

My mom took Gigi and me to see Gigi's new favorite movie/play: Annie get your gun (of course the perfect cowgirl to emulate!). Before we left Candy surprised Gigi with this extremely fancy cowgirl hat that we had to wrangle back home to Philly. Um thanks again Can :) (just teasing ya sis)

Love this shot! Gigi is such a natural drama girl. I'm proud and a bit scared.

One of the highlights of the trip! She was so ecstatic about meeting the real Annie Oakley and Frank butler! Thanks so much mom!

My dad took us to see Toy Story 3. Fun times. Thanks Dad.

In Provo there is an amazing restaurant called Pirate's cove or something like that. This is a shot from the entrance. It was even cooler inside!

My brother Roger introduced the girls to dance dance revolution.

Roger was able to spend some time in Provo while we were there. My girls adore him. He is so sweet and fun with them. Thanks Rog!
More fun to come...
9 comments:
Bethany, it was SO FUN to see your pictures and relive our fun times together this summer! Thank you for producing such a great blog. I didn't see the dance dance revolution. What is that? Hope we can get you here again next year. Love you! Mom
Greetings from Provo where pumpkins and tomatoes still grow. How great it was to have you and the girls here. We are looking forwared to seeing you at Thanksgiving. Thanks for taking the time to make great Blog accounts. I LOVE EACH OF YOU.
Dad Grandpa
Great memories!!!! So fun :) I'm so glad we did that. The girls are so cute! So glad I found that hat for Gigi.
wow caught up all of the trip blog posts up to now. You had one busy summer BUT it sounds like a really GREAT one! I don't know how you do it Bethany! I miss Steven so much and would have a hard time having to leave him. He's such a HUGE helper with the kids and helps keep me sane and going at times when I feel I no longer have energy left.
You are so wonderful with the girls! Always creative and interactive with them. Awesome!
I am glad you got to go to Utah and have fun with your family. Isn't it so nice to have a family that is there to help when your husband is not. We miss you guys. Ryan got talking about Gigi the other day, and said hey she's my girlfriend. It was so cute. Tell Sydney hi for me too. I miss her!!! She is sooooo wonderful and so are you. I am so glad we got to be friends. We miss Philly soooo bad. So enjoy the fall for me, because we won't be getting it down here in the desolate desert :):)
What a fabulous trip with your girls!
What a great trip! Thanks for sharing the highlights.
Of course, you coming to Utah was OUR favorite part of your long summer trip! I love that Gigi is so excited about Annie Get Your Gun! She looks great in her cowgirl hat. Now, where are her $1300 boots? :)
Cute! Thank you.
Post a Comment